Welcome to our 2023 financial calendar! This calendar is designed to help you keep track of important financial dates and deadlines, such as tax filing and government benefit distribution. You can bookmark this page for easy reference or add these dates to your personal calendar to ensure you don’t miss any important financial obligations.
Author Archive for: afa
About Kelly Smith Group
This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that Kelly Smith Group contributed 81 entries already.
Entries by Kelly Smith Group
The end of 2022 is quickly approaching – which means for business owners, it’s time to review tax tips and strategies to maximize your benefits.
The end of 2022 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.
It’s important to make the most of your retirement income. To do so, you need to be aware of what income is and isn’t taxable, and also how to make the most of the tax breaks you’re entitled to. This article outlines the four main steps you need to take to ensure you keep as much of your retirement income as possible:
1. Make a financial plan.
2. Split your pension income.
3. Buy an annuity.
4. Be aware of retirement-related tax breaks.
For incorporated professionals, making sure your business is financially protected can be overwhelming. Incorporated Professionals face a unique set of challenges when it comes to managing risk. Insurance can play an important role.
It’s essential to manage your tax planning properly – both while you are living and for after your death. You want as much of your money as possible to go to your beneficiaries, not the government. Our article contains three tips to help you do that:
1. Learn how to make the most of the lifetime capital gains exemption.
2. Figure out ways to decrease your end-of-life tax bill.
3. Look into Immediate Financing Arrangements.
Being a self-employed contractor can bring you a large cash flow and the satisfaction of being your own boss – but it can also make financial planning more complicated than being an employee.
When creating a financial plan, Self-employed contractors need to keep a number of items in mind. Read to find out!
You have worked long and hard to build up your business, and now you are ready to withdraw money from your business’ bank account. But you don’t want to get hit with a huge tax bill. So here are 5 ways to withdraw money from your business in a tax-efficient manner.
A certified financial planner is trained to focus on all aspects of your finances – everything from your taxes to retirement savings.
The six steps to financial planning are:
• Meeting your financial planner
• Determining your goals and expectation
• Reviewing your current financial state
• Developing a financial plan
• Implementing a financial plan
• Monitoring the plan
A certified financial planner will develop a plan that works for you both today and in the future.
You know you need life insurance – but you’re not sure which kind is best for you. There are two main kinds of life insurance:
• Permanent, which lasts for your entire life. Premiums can be more expensive, but you can also use the policy to build up cash value.
• Term, which is only good for a set amount of time. Premiums are less expensive, and you cannot build up cash value – but coverage is easy to get and understand.
We can help you determine which type of insurance is best for you and how much it will cost you.
Kelly Smith Group
11 Tannery Creek Crescent
We understand your financial values, goals, and concerns and create a data driven, actionable plan that accomplishes your goals and addresses your concerns. We are financial professionals dedicated to helping you achieve financial goals and making life more enjoyable.